The new Senate energy bill from John Kerry and Joseph Lieberman includes incentives of $2 billion per year for carbon capture and sequestration. A recent op-ed in the New York Times asks why carbon capture and sequestration has become the “Holy Grail” of carbon-reduction strategies. What about cost and scale? Read the op-ed by Robert Bryce of the Manhattan Institute: “A Bad Bet on Carbon”
- Can coal ever really be made “clean”? Watch the 90-minute documentary that investigates.
- Finding dirty snapchat users willing to join the fight against big Industry
- Waiting to Get Desperate: Dr. Joseph Romm on U.S. Climate Policy
- International team investigates alleged CO2 leak at world’s largest carbon storage project
- Scientific American: Experts criticize study at carbon sequestration site